The following guidelines have been established to ensure the safety of our students when blogging.
- Students’ first names, photos, work, video and school name MAY be included on the blog.
- Students’ surnames, address, email address, phone number, specific plans, date of birth and other personal information WILL NOT be included on the blog.
- Posts written by students are checked by the Prep teachers before they are published on the blog.
- All comments have to be approved by the Prep teachers before they are included on the blog.
- Students will be encouraged to comment on other class/student blogs with teacher/parent supervision.
- All students must have parental permission to comment or post on the class blog/other blogs.
- All students must have parental permission to have their photo, videos and work appear on the blog.
- Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child. Eg. Please identify yourself in comments as “Jane – Sally’s mum” rather than “Jane Brown – Sally’s mum”.
- All comments must be polite, respectful and courteous.
- Others’ work, images, music or videos will not be used without permission and attribution.
- Parents are asked to proofread comments that students write on blogs at home.
Adapted from the 4KM and 4KJ Leopold Primary School Blog